United Voice SA Branch, one of South Australia’s largest Unions, is seeking motivated and committed applicant for the position of:
Early Childhood Education and Care Organiser
- Growing union membership and density
- Building workplace and industry activism and leadership
- Working with members, Delegates and employers to resolve collective workplace issues
- Organising collective workplace actions and activities
- Co-ordinating, organising and participating in Big Steps campaign actions and activities
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience working in the Early Childhood Education and Care Sector
- A commitment to and understanding of the labour movement is essential.
- Excellent communication, messaging, rapport building and objection handling skills with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to motivate and educate union members and potential members.
- Ability to work outside of the union office (role requires approx. 70% of out of office work).
- An understanding of sectors that United Voice members work in is an advantage.
- Experience in one of the following: union, community, social justice, student or other activist campaigns, volunteer work or relevant social studies or industrial relations work.
- Computer skills (Microsoft applications, Outlook, iPad).
- Driver’s licence essential.
Conditions of Employment
A salary package which includes a fully maintained motor vehicle, generous Annual Leave, Long Service Leave and Superannuation will be offered to the successful applicant dependent upon qualifications and relevant experience in line with the United Voice National Terms and Conditions of Employment.
The successful applicant would be required to commence work as soon as possible.
A letter of application with Curriculum Vitae including suitable references and indicating the position you are applying for should be addressed to: David Di Troia, Branch Secretary, United Voice, PO Box 220 TORRENSVILLE PLAZA SA 5031 or by e-mail at email@example.com by no later than 12 noon Friday 28th September 2018.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke free working environment.